The main point in that release candidate is the fixed registration. It was blocking the rc2. If you use the 1.7rc2 you should upgrade to rc3. There is no db change, only some files fixed.
As announced the rc3 is now avalaible on our file repository
(rpm soon avalaible).
It is a bugfix candidate. we probably will need a rc4 to validate the
last things we have to fix. Permanent listing is on ReleaseProcess1.7
Here is the changelog for 1.7rc3 :
- Fixed tiki-read_article.php permission bug
- Fixed registration and login bugs
- fixed the search engine so it responds in seconds not ten
- TikiWiki now remembers where user logged in
- Wiki print mode is cleaner
- Added link to Google cache in Tiki's cache view
- Category Plugin
- Catpath plugin
- Akwa theme
Special thanks to everyone that helped in that fast fixing.