The Tiki Community is proud to announce the release of Tiki 12.0 LTS
, the latest version of Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware. This release, with thousands of code commits, includes many new features, some architectural enhancements, and many bug fixes.
Tiki 12 is a Long Term Support (LTS) version, which is supported for 5 years (vs 3.5 years for 9.x LTS). Among major new features and enhancements include:
- Unified Index enhancement: Support for MySQL Full Text Search and ElasticSearch
- CKeditor 4.2 full integration including inline editing of wiki pages (WYSIWYG)
- Setup Wizard for both admin & user to facilitate admin and account configuration
- Activity Streams to create social network automated feed within Tiki
- Friendship Network complete redesign and re-implementation
- Layout Switching feature to give you control over layout per page.
- Monitoring tools and SysAdmin CLI integration
- Profiles improvement to be used as a full configuration management tool.
- Integration with Mozilla Together for Real Time Collaboration (RTC)
- Refer to http://doc.tiki.org/Tiki12 for complete information about this release. You can download Tiki 12.0 (and all other releases) from http://info.tiki.org/Download.
As part of our continual "dogfooding" process, the *.tiki.org sites were upgraded to Tiki 12 several weeks before the release, allowing the Tiki Community to obtain "real world" feedback for the upgrade.
Tiki 6.xLTS and 9.xLTS support continues
The support period is as follows:
9.x LTS: Supported until Tiki 16.1 is released (November 2015)
6.x LTS: Supported until Tiki 13.1 is released (May 2014)
Which Version is Right for Me?
The Tiki Version Lifecycle page (http://info.tiki.org/Version+Lifecycle
) will help you choose the right version to install.
Work is already well underway on Tiki13. The main change is the move to the Bootstrap mobile first front-end framework. Like any post-LTS version, it will have a lot of enhancements. In fact, current estimates of development planned will make it the release with the most development ever (in terms of developer hours)!