About the Tiki Project1. This makes Tiki one of the largest open source teams in the world.2
We Eat DogfoodOur own dogfood, that is. We use Tiki to develop Tiki. For example:
- Tiki Trackers are used to record feature requests and bug reports.
- Tiki Forums are used by the community for discussions and troubleshooting.
- Tiki Wiki pages and structures are used to develop end-user and developer documentation.
We Have A Huge Install BaseTiki has been downloaded more than 1,000,000 times3 and is used to power a huge number of web sites and Intranets.4 Tiki is also available as a one-click install from many popular control panel applications such as Fantastico5, script managers such as SimpleScripts6, remote installers such as Installatron,7 and virtual appliances such as JumpBox8. In 2010, Tiki was added to the Windows Web App Gallery,9 giving millions of Windows users easier access to Tiki.
We Win Awards and RecognitionTiki is constantly recognized as a leading open source application. Tiki was selected as a mentoring organization for the 2009 Google Summer of Code10 and was one of only a handful of community-driven, open source projects to be listed in the Seventh Annual EContent 10011 — a selection of organizations "that matter most in the digital content industry."
Tiki has also been nominated as the Most Collaborative Project for the SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards12 and was named SourceForge Project of the Month.13
Tiki was named Best Web Application by OSDir Editors14 and consistently ranks in its listing of Top 10 Applications.15 InfoWorld awarded Tiki a 2010 BOSSIE (Best of Open Source Software) in the applications category16, and in 2011 Tiki was named to CMS Report's Top 30 Web Applications.17 In 2012, Tiki was named Best Web Tool in WebHostingSearch.com's Web Tools Directory18 and awarded the People's Choice Best Free CMS in the Critic’s Choice CMS Awards19.
In addition to these awards, Tiki is listed as a recommended productivity tool by the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization20 and is included in the Open Source CMS Market Share Report's list of Top 20 Open Source CMS.21
We Actively DevelopWith a code commit every two hours22 (on average), Tiki undergoes continuous improvement and is always moving forward. As new technologies are introduced (such as mobile applications, AJAX, and others) we work to add them to Tiki.
Number of commits made to the project source code each month (Source: Ohloh.net)
We are Free and Open SourceThe Tiki project partners with other Open Source Software actors. Our social contract defines the "Tiki Principles." We leverage existing technologies and partner with field leaders whenever possible. Read more about our partners or become one!
We are Open DevelopmentTiki is a community-driven project, with a very open development Model. Our "Wiki Way" of software development emphasizes collaboration on scale unlike most other applications.23
Number of contributors who made changes to the project source code each month (Source: Ohloh.net)
Learn More About TikiYou can learn more about Tiki by:
- Reviewing the Fact Sheet
- Reading our Promo Sheet
- Downloading and testing Tiki or using a hosted demo
- Joining the Tiki community
1. SourceForge project member list http://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=64258
2. According to Ohloh.net. Tiki ranks in the top 2% of all project teams. http://www.ohloh.net/p/tikiwiki/factoids/
3. SourceForge download history http://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/stats/timeline?dates=2002-10-9+to+2020-10-09
4. Google search http://www.google.com/search?q=allinurl%3Atiki-index.php
11. Seventh Annual EContent 100 http://info.tiki.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=21
12. SourceForge.net 2007 Community Choice Awards http://sourceforge.net/community/index.php/landing-pages/cca07/
16. InfoWorld 2010 BOSSIE Awards http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source/bossie-awards-2010-the-best-open-source-applications-150¤t=9
20. UNESCO http://www.unesco-ci.org/cgi-bin/portals/foss/page.cgi?g=Software%2FProductivity_Tools%2FWiki%2Findex.html;d=1
23. IEEE Computer Society http://www.computer.org/portal/web/csdl/abs/html/mags/so/2009/06/mso2009060004.htm
"The all-in-one CMS"
Don't miss major announcements and other news!
July 04, 2014
15th Libre Software Meeting (RMLL 2014), Montpellier, France
Oct. 07, 2014
Happy Birthday Tiki